During week of National Ag Day, Rep. Dusty Johnson, farmers and economists will discuss the essential role ag trade plays in rural economies
(WASHINGTON, D.C.) – On Wednesday, March 23rd at 1 PM EST, Farmers for Free Trade will host a virtual town hall media event on the importance of ag trade to rural jobs and economic growth. The event will feature Representative Dusty Johnson (R-SD AL), a prominent member of the House Agriculture Committee as well as leading ag commodity groups and economic experts. The event will coincide with the release of the “Feeding the Economy” annual report released by the Corn Refiners Association that calculates how many jobs American agriculture supports and will include the lead author of that study. The event also will take place one day after National Ag Day. Farmers for Free Trade is a bipartisan coalition of America’s leading agriculture commodity groups that together advocate for trade policies that support farmers.
WHEN: WEDNESDAY, MARCH 23rd — 1:00 PM EST
- Congressman Dusty Johnson (R-SD AL), member of the House Agriculture Committee
- John Dunham, President of John Dunham and Associates presenting the Feeding the Economy 2022 report
- Chris Hoeger, President, Cheese Division, Prairie Farms Dairy Inc., Edwardsville, IL
- Katie Hall, Director, State government affairs, Cargill, Ames, Iowa
- Karen Reece, Owner, Eskimo Cold Storage, Gainesville, Georgia
- Jane DeMarchi, President, North American Millers’ Association, Moderator
- Brian Kuehl, Executive Director, Farmers for Free Trade
Register HERE to join the event.
Members of the media are encouraged to share their outlet name in the registration form. There will be a portion of the event dedicated to allowing media members to ask questions of the panelists.