Make Plans to Attend the American Simmental Association’s 7th Annual Fall Focus Event in Denver August 27-21
The American Simmental Association would like to extend an invitation to everyone to attend our ASA annual Fall Focus event, August 27-31. An annual meeting of commercial cattlemen, industry partners, seedstock producers, and scientists – Fall Focus is a great opportunity to connect with the beef industry and listen to engaging seminars.
The schedule starts on Friday, August 27, with a tour of the National Western Stock Show improvements, a live PAP demonstration from Dr. Tim Holt, a live Feet and Leg scoring demonstration from Lane Giess, free dinner, and an evening social at the NWSS grounds. The main educational sessions are held Saturday, August 28, at the Doubletree on Quebec, with a full lineup of speakers.
The speakers include;
- Jonathan Wallace, Denver Nuggets
- Dr. Tony Bryant, Five Rivers Cattle Feeding
- Steve Williams, JBS USA
- Dr. Tim Holt, Colorado State University
- Dr. Milt Thomas, Colorado State University
- Dr. Mark Enns, Colorado State University
- Dr. Scott Speidel, Colorado State University
- Dr. Allison Van Eenennaam, University of California – Davis
- Dr. Randie Culbertson, American Simmental Association
- Dr. Wade Shafer, American Simmental Association
- Various other ASA Staff members
Additionally, attendees are welcome to sit in on the ASA Board of Trustees meetings, Sunday through Monday, as they discuss critical issues in each of the five standing committees and hear staff reports in the various areas of ASA business.
All meals are provided and registration is free, but you must be pre-registered. Learn more and pre-register at www.FallFocus.org
Please reach out to Lane Giess if you have any questions at Lgiess@simmgene.com