Inside The BARN with the Rocky Ford Growers Association’s Matthew & Brooke Proctor of Proctor Produce…
The BARN – Briggsdale, CO – July 29, 2021 – The family farmers of the Rocky Ford Growers Association™ have been busy over the last couple of months planting and nurturing their world-famous melons. Those amazingly sweet and juicy Rocky Ford Cantaloupes are already rolling into grocery stores across the state of Colorado…and did you know…that the ripest cantaloupes are picked daily through the growing season and will go from the field to the grocery store in about 12 hours.
Joining the Colorado Ag News Network and FarmCast Radio via ZOOM to discuss cantaloupes, melons and a great deal more is Matthew & Brooke Proctor of Proctor Produce & Spokesperson of the Rocky Ford Growers Association…
- History of Proctor Produce & the Rocky Ford Growers Association
- What makes Rocky Ford Growers Association Unique
- Rocky Ford Cantaloupes the very best & world renowned
- Learn more about the technology used within the cantaloupe and melon industry from field to the store
- Weather Challenges in 2021
- What do “Rocky Ford Growers Association” stickers guarantee consumers?
- Arkansas Valley Crop Update
- Final Thoughts
- & More
ABOUT ROCKY FORD GROWERS ASSOCIATION
Rocky Ford Growers Association™ is a group of family-owned farms in the Arkansas River valley of southeastern Colorado. Rocky Ford Growers Association™ was formed in 2011 to strengthen and protect the reputation of the cantaloupe, watermelon, and honeydew melon grown in the area. Rocky Ford Cantaloupe™ is officially trademarked to ensure the best and safest quality. For our growers to label their melons as Rocky Ford Cantaloupe™, they must be a member of our association and produce melons within the boundaries of the Rocky Ford growing region: Otero County and Crowley County South of the Colorado Canal. Learn more online at https://rocky-ford-growers-association.mandccommunications.com/