Make Plans to Attend the 2021 Keep It Fresh Tour on August 28th – REGISTER ASAP!
Farming in urban interface creates unique challenges and opportunities for produce growers. Join us for a bus tour of fruit and vegetable farms ranging from 2 – 2000 acres and take a deeper dive into local food. Hear perspectives from farmers at tour stops and from ag professionals joining the tour. Ask questions and explore:
- Key issues NOCO produce growers face
- Sustainable agriculture business needs for NOCO produce farms
- What produce is available when and where to you can buy it
Lunch, snacks and water are included.
All bus travelers will be required to wear a face covering while on the bus per CDC order. Separate car travel is not permitted due to farm stop parking contraints.
Participants may unmask during when not on the bus.
The Keep It Fresh Tour will depart and conclude at the Boulder County Fairgrounds at 9595 Nelson Rd, Longmont. Ample parking on site. See ticket confirmation for exact location.
Tour stops in order:
– Brown’s Farm (Longmont)
– Full Circle Farm (Longmont)
– Adams County Extension office (Brighton) lunch stop
– Petrocco Farms (Brighton)
– Aspen Moon Farm (Longmont)
This tour is sponsored by the Colorado Fruit and Vegetable Growers Association with funding from a Specialty Crop Block Grant through the Colorado Department of Agriculture. Learn more at coloradoproduce.org