AGJA Board of Directors Elected at 2021 Southern Hospitality Classic
Lincoln, Nebraska – The election of the American Gelbvieh Junior Association (AGJA) board of directors was held at the 2021 AGJA Southern Hospitality Classic in Batesville, Mississippi, on Wednesday, June 23, 2021. AGJA members elected five candidates to serve a two-year term.
The AGJA board of directors is comprised of nine AGJA members and one ex-officio member. Directors serve two-year terms and are eligible to serve two full terms. Directors must be 16 years of age and may not have yet reached their 20th birthday as of January 1.
Newly elected board members include:
- Jaycie Forbes, De Smet, South Dakota, daughter of Troy and Pam Forbes;
- Jaylea Pope, Ravenna, Nebraska, daughter of Jeff and Jeanne Pope;
- Lily Judd, Pomona, Kansas, daughter of Nick and Ginger Judd;
- Sadie Morris, Batesville, Mississippi, daughter of Jason and Susan Morris.
- Madalynn Welsh, Franklin, Nebraska, daughter of Brian and Gina Welsh, was re-elected to the board for her second term.
The board spends time following the directors’ election to elect an executive committee to serve in leadership positions for the 2021-2022 year:
- Alexx Starr, Stapleton, Nebraska, daughter of Scott and Raberta Starr, was elected president.
- Madalynn Welsh was elected to serve as vice president.
- Preston Dunn, St. John, Kansas, son of Brian and Carolyn Dunn, will serve as the vice president of leadership.
- Karley Rumfelt, Phillipsburg, Missouri, daughter of Brad and Amy Rumfelt, was elected secretary.
- Rachelle Anderson, Jamestown, Kansas, daughter of Robert and Charlotte Anderson, was elected treasurer.
- Cody Forbes, De Smet, South Dakota, son of Troy and Pam Forbes, will serve as ex-officio.
Retiring board members of the 2020-2021 AGJA board of directors included:
- Brooke Nowack, Bland, Missouri, daughter of Jared and Caisie Nowack;
- Danielle Stock, Waukon, Iowa, daughter of Mark and Stacy Stock;
- Cade Cameron, Danville, Iowa, son of Greg
- and Dawn Cameron; and Grace Vehige, Billings, Missouri, daughter of Tom and Stacy Vehige.
The American Gelbvieh Junior Association is the junior division of the American Gelbvieh Association. The AGJA provides members up to 21 years of age the opportunity to participate in youth activities.