Inside The BARN with CO Ag Commissioner Kate Greenberg
The BARN – Briggsdale, CO – June 8, 2021 – Joining the Colorado Ag News Network & FarmCast Radio once again is Colorado Agriculture Commissioner Kate Greenberg and we’ll be discussing several topics, pertinent to ag producers across the state including:
- DROUGHT CONTINUES TO DEEPEN IN WESTERN COLORADO
- Governor Polis Declares State Drought Emergency for Western Colorado
- CDA hosted 5 Colorado Stimulus Funding Listening Sessions in June – Can you give our listeners an update on those and what happens next?
- SB21-234 – allocates $3 million to the Department of Agriculture to increase the state’s ability to anticipate, mitigate, or respond to droughts
- SB21-235 – allocates another $5 million to voluntary soil health programs and to the ACRE3 program, Colorado’s premier state-level program for agricultural energy management
- HB21-1262 – provides $3.5 million to the NWSS, $5 million for the CO State Fair, and $2 million to agricultural events and organizations across the state.
- SB21-248 – allocates $30 million to create and implement the Colorado Agricultural Future Loan Program
- SB21-087 – ‘Agricultural Workers’ Bill of Rights’ now law
- Governor Polis Approves Stimulus Funding to Support Colorado Water Plan Projects Statewide (House Bill 21-1260 & Senate Bill 21-189)
- CDA: “Move the Needle” Grantees Announced, Awarded $331K+ to Support Colorado’s Food Value Chain
- CDA’s Bureau of Animal Protection (BAP) Stakeholder Task Force – Apply by July 10, 2021.
- Register for the July 21st Colorado Proud Virtual Roundtable
- Colorado State Fair Seeks First Ever Statewide Youth Master Showmanship Champion
- Colorado Agricultural Addiction and Mental Health Program (CAAMHP)
- CDA / Colorado Crisis Services’ Rural Mental Health Toolkit
- & MORE
For more information visit the CDA’s social media sites at:
The Colorado Department of Agriculture exists to support the state’s agriculture industry and serve the people of Colorado through regulation, advocacy and education. Their mission is to strengthen and advance Colorado agriculture, promote a safe and high-quality food supply, protect consumers, and foster responsible stewardship of the environment and natural resources. Learn more online @ colorado.gov/ag