Inside The BARN with NestFresh’s Louise Howe: May is National Egg Month, Delicious Recipes & More…
The BARN – Briggsdale, CO – May 13, 2021- Joining the BARN, the Colorado Ag News Network & FarmCast Radio to discuss the month of May being National Egg Month, some delicious recipes and more is Louise Howe, NestFresh Communications Team Member…
- Howe’s Background
- Howe shares a few creative and easy ways to celebrate National Egg Month
- National Egg Month Facts
- Why listeners should make egg-based recipes part of their weekly menu, beyond National Egg Month
- NestFresh cooking tips when using eggs in various recipes/dishes
- More delicious recipes for National Egg Day and every day
- Why NestFresh stands out above other egg brands
- Where YOU can learn more about the NestFresh brand
Learn more about NestFresh at www.NestFresh.com/ and follow them on social media too @NestFreshEggs
Today’s interview is also brought to you by your Colorado Egg Producers online at https://www.coloradoeggproducers.com
Check out the NestFresh Fresh Fruit Custard Recipe that was mentioned within the interview
NestFresh Loaded Deviled Eggs
● 12 hard-boiled NestFresh Eggs, peeled
● 1/4 cup mayonnaise
● 1/4 cup sour cream
● 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
● 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
● 1/4 tsp. salt
● 1/4 tsp. pepper
● 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh dill OR chives
● TOPPERS: Crabmeat & fresh dill, small cooked shrimp & chives, smoked salmon, capers & chives, diced red bell peppers & Italian parsley, steamed asparagus tips
- Cut eggs lengthwise in half. Remove yolks to a medium bowl. Reserve 20 white halves. Finely chop the remaining 4 white halves.
- Mash yolks with a fork. Add chopped whites, mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper; mix well. Add dill; mix well. Refrigerate, covered.
- Spoon 1 heaping Tbsp. yolk mixture into each egg white half. Garnish eggs with chive laces or other toppers, as desired. Refrigerate until serving.
NestFresh’s Country Quiche
● 2 Pie Shells
● ½ pound of bacon
● 1 cup milk
● ½ cup heavy cream
● 3 NestFresh eggs
● ½ teaspoon salt
● Black Pepper to taste
● 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
● 1 cup of shredded cheese
● 1 heaping tablespoon chives
- Prepare both pie crusts according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Cook the bacon. Heat a large frying pan on medium heat. Arrange strips of bacon in a single layer on the pan. Slowly cook the bacon, turning the strips over occasionally until they are nicely browned and the fat has rendered out.
- Lay the cooked strips of bacon on a paper towel to absorb the excess fat. Chop the cooked bacon into small, crumbled pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Whisk the eggs in a large bowl. Add the nutmeg, salt, black pepper and chives. Add the milk and cream, whisk vigorously to incorporate.
- Arrange the bacon and cheese in the bottom of each pie crust. Pour egg mixture gently into both pie crusts and gently stir so chives and bacon are suspended through the pie.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30-40 minutes. Check the quiche after 30 minutes by shaking it. It will be slightly firm. Cool on a wire rack.
- Enjoy at room temperature.
NestFresh strives to be the leader in sustainable, local, humane and natural eggs. We are committed to producing eggs from hens that live healthy lives on family farms. These farms live up to the highest standards for humane animal care and sustainable agriculture. Learn more about NestFresh Eggs and recipes at https://nestfresh.com/ or Follow NestFresh on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook @NestFreshEggs.