CPW Commission Accepting Comments on Wolf Introduction
Make sure agriculture is part of the conversation
The Colorado Parks and Wildlife Commission is hosting a wolf introduction planning workshop on February 24, 2021. During the workshop, the commission will be accepting both written and oral public comment related to the Colorado Wolf Restoration and Management Plan and related planning process.
Written comments and signup for oral comments are DUE FEBURARY 19, 2021 BY NOON.
It is vital that the voice of farmers and ranchers are head in this discussion, as they will be largely impacted by this process. We KNOW the wolf activists will be sharing their stories and we MUST show up to share ours.
Tell the commission:
- It’s important to host in-person meetings that are geographically diverse with a focus on the Western Slope.
- Agriculture representation is vital on the stakeholder advisory groups.
- Understanding short- and long-term impacts to livestock and the ag industry is important to the industry’s future.
- You support the process put forward by CPW—a measured and responsible approach is key to protect those impacted by introduction.
- The stakeholder advisory group needs to include landowner representatives.
Click the link below to sign up for oral comments or find directions to submit written comments. When you sign up, be sure to select the option about the public comment process (4).
CPW Resources on wolf introduction:
- Plan for public involvement in Wolf Restoration and Management Plan – DRAFT
- Feb. 24 Commission Meeting Agenda
Colorado Farm Bureau9177 E Mineral CirCentennial, CO 80112-3494