USDA Appoints Members to the Task Force on Agricultural Air Quality Research
WASHINGTON, Jan. 19, 2021 – Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue today announced the appointment of 26 members to serve on the Task Force for Agricultural Air Quality Research.
Newly appointed members, who will serve terms of up to two years beginning January 4, 2021, and ending in 2023, are:
- Dr. Brent W. Auvermann – Amarillo, Texas
- Mr. Robert V. Avant, Jr. – Taylor, Texas
- Dr. Robert T. Burns – Maryville, Tenn.
- Mr. Brian F. Cochrane – Kahlotus, Wash.
- Dr. Jeffrey L. Collett, Jr. – Fort Collins, Colo.
- Mr. Manuel Cunha, Jr. – Clovis, Calif.
- Dr. Nichole Embertson – Bellingham, Wash.
- Ms. Andrea L. Foglesong – Timnath, Colo.
- Mr. J. Kelley Green – Austin, Texas
- Dr. April Leytem – Hailey, Idaho
- Dr. Hong Li – Hockessin, Del.
- Mr. Gerald May – St. Louis
- Mrs. Lara Moody – Upper Marlboro, Md.
- Mr. Kevin G. Rogers – Laveen, Ariz.
- Dr. Joseph Rudek – Wynnewood, Pa.
- Ms. Annette H. Sharp – Baton Rouge, La.
- Ms. Sally L. Shaver – Cary, N.C.
- Dr. Bryan W. Shaw – Lexington, Texas
- Mr. Samir Sheikh – Fresno, Calif.
- Dr. Philip J. Silva – Bowling Green, Ky.
- Mr. Jon Slutsky – Wellington, Colo.
- Ms. Marguerite Tan – Taylor, Ariz.
- Mr. James A. Vaughn – Forsyth, Ga.
- Dr. Rodney T. Venterea – Mounds View, Minn.
- Dr. Lingjuan Wang-Li – Cary, N.C.
- Mr. John Weir – Orlando, Okla.
The Chief of the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) will serve as Chair of the Task Force. The members of the Task Force will examine relevant issues and research related to agriculture’s effects on air quality, particulate matter and other pertinent topics, including greenhouse gases, carbon sequestration and bioenergy.
“We are pleased that such a highly capable group of people stepped forward and offered to serve during these challenging times,” said Bill Northey, USDA’s Under Secretary for Farm Production and Conservation. “This group brings experience, expertise and common sense to the table at a time when we need all three.”
NRCS will provide support for the Task Force.