CLA: FMCSA Extends Hours-of-Service Emergency Declaration for Livestock Haulers
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) announced an extension to the Hours-of-Service Emergency Declaration, until February 28, 2021.
This declaration includes:
- Livestock and livestock feed. FMCSA has informed us that the relief is only available to transporters of finished feed. Transporters of feed ingredients are ineligible.
- Medical supplies and equipment related to the testing, diagnosis and treatment of COVID-19,
- Vaccines, constituent products, and medical supplies and equipment including ancillary supplies/kits for the administration of vaccines, related to the prevention of COVID-19
- Supplies and equipment necessary for community safety, sanitation, and prevention of community transmission of COVID-19 such as masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, soap and disinfectants
- Food, paper products, and other groceries for emergency restocking of distribution centers or stores.
Source: Allison Rivera, Executive Director, Government Affairs, National Cattlemen’s Beef Association