Inside the BARN with CO Ag Commissioner Kate Greenberg…
BRIGGSDALE, CO – June 4, 2020 – Joining the Colorado Ag News Network and FarmCast Radio at this time is Colorado Agriculture Commissioner Kate Greenberg, and will be discussing several topics impacting agriculture in the state…
- CO state budget challenges
- CDA programs designed to support COVID19 relief/recovery
- Highlight major areas of need in CO’s food, agricultural, and rural economy that may not be sufficiently addressed by existing federal aid
- Worker safety must be prioritized when talking about food production.
- Meat and poultry processing / meat shortages
- Housing for temporary workers
- Justifying the need for state funds specific to agriculture
- New Rural Mental Health Toolkit materials
- & More
For more information visit the CDA’s social media sites at:
The mission of the Department of Agriculture is to strengthen and advance Colorado agriculture; promote a safe, high quality, and sustainable food supply; and protect consumers, the environment, and natural resources.
The vision of the Department of Agriculture is that Colorado agriculture be strong and vibrant, a key driver of the state’s economy, and recognized worldwide for its safe, affordable, and abundant supply of high quality food and agricultural products.
If you would like to learn more about the Colorado Department of Agriculture stop by their offices @ 305 Interlocken Parkway in Broomfield, CO, give them a call @ 303-869-9000 or visit the CDA online @ www.colorado.gov/ag