Inside the BARN with CO Ag Commissioner Kate Greenberg…
COVID-19’s Impacts on Ag, Disaster Update, SBA’s EIDL & PPP, State Budget Concerns & Much More
BRIGGSDALE, CO – May 7, 2020 – Joining the Colorado Ag News Network and FarmCast Radio at this time is Colorado Agriculture Commissioner Kate Greenberg, and will be discussing several topics pertaining to COVID-19 and more:
- Colorado Animal Protection Week Proclamation by Governor Polis
- Public Service Recognition Week
- CO Western Slope Disaster Declaration Status
- SBA’s EIDL & Paycheck Protection Program Updates
- Recap of the May 1st Colorado Bipartisan Town Hall on Agriculture and COVID-19 – Listen to the Audio
- POTUS Enacts National Defense Act on the Meatpacking Industry
- NASDA Interstate Working Group Update
- CO Attorney General Joins 10 Other States in Letter to DOJ regarding market concentration & potential price fixing by meatpackers in the cattle industry during coronavirus pandemic – AP News Story
- CO Supreme Court Ruling & the Legislative Session – State Budget & Pending Ag Bills
- Concerns about Budget cuts to CDA
- Ag Event Cancellations/Postponements (Greeley Stampede, Pedal the Plains & CLA Annual Meeting) What about the 2020 CO State Fair. any decision yet?
- 2020 CO FFA State Convention going virtual this year due to COVID concerns
- 2020 Census – there’s still time to complete OnLine – Telephone – Mail
- May is Mental Health Awareness Month: Colorado Crisis Services – There for YOU When They YOU Need Help
- Food Security Task Force Response Form – The CDA and Commissioner Greenberg want to hear from you or visit https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/agmain/food-security-task-force
- & More
For more information on the tour and meet and greet, visit our social media sites at:
The mission of the Department of Agriculture is to strengthen and advance Colorado agriculture; promote a safe, high quality, and sustainable food supply; and protect consumers, the environment, and natural resources.
The vision of the Department of Agriculture is that Colorado agriculture be strong and vibrant, a key driver of the state’s economy, and recognized worldwide for its safe, affordable, and abundant supply of high quality food and agricultural products.
If you would like to learn more about the Colorado Department of Agriculture stop by their offices @ 305 Interlocken Parkway in Broomfield, CO, give them a call @ 303-869-9000 or visit the CDA online @ www.colorado.gov/ag