USDA swears in 42 members to Potatoes USA’s Board
DENVER (April 29, 2020) — Potatoes USA’s Annual Meeting concluded with formal board business, including the swearing in of new members, and the electing of a new Board Chairman as well as new Administrative Committee members and Executive Committee members.
This year, the U.S. Department of Agriculture appointed 27 new members to the board to serve three-year terms. They were sworn in on March 11 by Kelly M. Robertson, Marketing Specialist of the Promotion and Economics Division of the USDA’s Agricultural Marketing Service’s Specialty Crops Program.
Each year, board members are nominated by the industry and are then appointed by the Secretary of Agriculture. Potatoes USA’s board has about 100 members, which consists of growers, importers and one public member.
New Board Members
- Greg Hebdon, Blythe, Calif;Rob Giesbrecht, Aberdeen, Idaho;
- Kamren Koompin, American Falls, Idaho;
- Andrew Porath, American Falls, Idaho;
- Morgan Andrus, Idaho Falls, Idaho;
- Ryan Moss, Rupert, Idaho;
- Kent Peterson, Shelley, Idaho;
- Justin Searle, Shelley, Idaho;
- Matt Floming, Thomson, Illi;
- Dan Blackstone, Caribou, Maine;
- Jennifer Gogan, Littleton, Maine;
- Kathy deVries-Ruehs, Melrose, Maine;
- Scott Hanson, Cornell, Mich;
- Casey Folson, East Grand Forks, Minn;
- Troy Sorensen, Alliance, Neb;
- Tyler Backemeyer, Kearney, Neb;
- David Fedje, Hoople, N.D.;
- Brad Nilson, Hoople, N.D.;
- Jess Blatchford, Baker City, Ore;
- Steve Barrett, Lubbock, Texas;
- Dennis Wright, Kennewick, Wash;
- Juan Martinez, Warden, Wash;
- Colt Underwood, West Richland, Wash;
- Kevin Schleicher, Custer, Wisc;
- Chris Olsen, Othello, Wash;
- Josh Knights, Plover, Wisc; and
- Mike Carter, Schofield, Wisc.
- Jaclyn Green, Edison, Calif;
- Bryan Jones, Elkton, Flo;
- Kevin Searle, Shelley, Idaho;
- Jennifer Borowicz, Crookston, Minn;
- Thomas Enander, Grenora, N.D.;
- Marty Myers, Boardman, Ore;
- Tim Gonzalez, Littlefield, Texas;
- Tyler Tschirky, Eltopia, Wash;
- Kyle Barclay, Kennewick, Wash;
- Melissa Bedlington-Kleindel, Lynden, Wash;
- Travis Meacham, Moses Lake, Wash;
- Chad Sullivan, Pasco, Wash;
- Erin Baginski, Antigo, Wisc; and
- Keith Wolter, Antigo, Wisc;
- Vernon Thomas, Centreville, N.B.
About Potatoes USA
Potatoes USA is the marketing organization for the 2,500 commercial potato growers operating in the United States. Potatoes USA, was established in 1971 by a group of potato growers to promote the benefits of eating potatoes. Today, as the largest vegetable commodity board, Potatoes USA is proud to be recognized as an innovator in the produce industry. For more information on Potatoes USA’s mission to “Strengthen Demand for U.S. Potatoes” by creating positive change in the industry through innovative and inspiring approaches, please visit PotatoesUSA.com.