Inside the BARN with NestFresh’s Louise Howe
May is National Egg Month & More
(BARN Media – Briggsdale, CO) April 28, 2020 -Joining the CO Ag News Network once again is Louise Howe, Communications Team Member at NestFresh discussing May is National Egg Month…
Check out a delicious NestFresh Deviled Eggs recipe from the interview below:
- 12 hard-boiled NestFresh Eggs, peeled
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh dill OR chives
- TOPPERS: Chives, crabmeat & fresh dill, small cooked shrimp & chives, smoked salmon, capers & chives, diced red bell peppers & Italian parsley, steamed asparagus tips
- Cut eggs lengthwise in half. Remove yolks to medium bowl. Reserve 20 white halves. Finely chop the remaining 4 white halves.
- Mash yolks with a fork. Add chopped whites, mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper; mix well. Add dill; mix well. Refrigerate, covered.
- Spoon 1 heaping Tbsp. yolk mixture into each egg white half. Garnish eggs with chive laces or other toppers, as desired. Refrigerate until serving.
Country Quiche, featuring NestFresh
- 2 Pie Shells
- ½ pound of bacon
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 3 NestFresh eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Black Pepper to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- 1 heaping tablespoon chives
- Prepare both pie crusts according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Cook the bacon. Heat a large frying pan on medium heat. Arrange strips of bacon in a single layer on the pan. Slowly cook the bacon, turning the strips over occasionally until they are nicely browned and the fat has rendered out.
- Lay the cooked strips of bacon on a paper towel to absorb the excess fat. Chop the cooked bacon into small, crumbled pieces.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Whisk the eggs in a large bowl. Add the nutmeg, salt, black pepper and chives. Add the milk and cream, whisk vigorously to incorporate.
- Arrange the bacon and cheese in the bottom of each pie crust. Pour egg mixture gently into both pie crusts and gently stir so chives and bacon are suspended through the pie.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes. Check the quiche after 30 minutes by shaking it. It will be slightly firm. Cool on a wire rack.
- Enjoy at room temperature.
NestFresh strives to be the leader in sustainable, local, humane and natural eggs; and committed to producing eggs from hens that live healthy lives on family farms; which live up to the highest standards for humane animal care and sustainable agriculture. Once again, learn more online @ www.NestFresh.com
Today’s interview inside The BARN is brought to you by the Colorado Egg Producers…committed to the BEST possible care of chickens laying eggs for consumers, learn more online @ www.coloradoeggproducers.com