Inside The BARN with CCA Executive Vice President Terry Fankhauser: COVID-19, JBS Closure, Convention & More
The BARN, Briggsdale, CO – April 14, 2020 – Joining the Colorado Ag News Network and FarmCast Radio to discuss the beef industry here in Colorado and concerns/challenges as it relates to the coronavirus pandemic that Colorado, the United States and the world finds itself in right now it Terry Fankhauser, Executive Vice-President of the Colorado Cattlemen’s Association.
- COVID-19 Impacts – Staying Vigilant in Uncertain Times
- JBS Closure – What does that do to the Beef Industry & Consumers
- NCBA Response to JBS Beef Packing Plant Closure in Greeley, CO
- CARES Act – What help will there be for Beef Producers & the Industry
- Discusses CCA’s recent SBA Webinar
- CCA’s COVID-19 Resources
- Lawsuits against the USDA regarding Beef Checkoff
- The importance of MFP & Disaster Aid for Agriculture / Livestock Industry
- Thoughts on the Huge Disparity between Fed Cattle Pricing vs Boxed Beef Prices & pending USDA & DoJ Investigations
- NCBA’s Upcoming Summer Business Meeting in Denver
- CCA Reschedules Summer Convention – Same location – New Dates
- CCA Membership Information
- & More
The Colorado Cattlemen’s Association was founded in 1867, nine years before Colorado became a state and was the first statewide cattlemen’s association in the nation and has been operating ever since. The CCA serves as the principal voice and advocate for Colorado beef production. The CCA strives to advance the legacy and viability of beef production for our members by ensuring a dynamic and profitable industry that promotes growth and opportunity for future generations. Learn more and become a CCA member online @ www.coloradocattle.org and follow the CCA on Facebook, Instagram & You Tube as well.