Inside the BARN with NestFresh’s Louise Howe
Holiday Cooking & Baking with Eggs
(BARN Media – Briggsdale, CO) December 10, 2019 -Joining the CO Ag News Network once again is Louise Howe, Communications Team Member at NestFresh discussing several topics including holiday cooking and baking…
Toffee and Almond Gingerbread Loaf – LOOK BELOW
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp each salt and ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp each baking powder, ground nutmeg and cloves
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 NestFresh Eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract, divided
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup toffee pieces
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 5 tsp 2% milk
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and line 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper. Whisk together flour, ginger, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, nutmeg and cloves; set aside.
- Using electric mixer, beat butter with brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time and scraping down sides of bowl as necessary, until combined.
- Beat in half of the vanilla; beat in molasses. Gradually add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk, starting and ending with flour mixture, mixing just until combined. Fold in toffee pieces.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan; smooth top. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until tester inserted into center comes out clean. Transfer pan to rack; let cool completely.
- Remove loaf from pan. Whisk together icing sugar, milk and remaining vanilla; drizzle over loaf. Sprinkle with almonds. Let stand until icing sets. Wrap and store at room temperature for up to 2 days or wrap in heavy-duty foil and freeze for up to 2 weeks.
NestFresh strives to be the leader in sustainable, local, humane and natural eggs; and committed to producing eggs from hens that live healthy lives on family farms; which live up to the highest standards for humane animal care and sustainable agriculture. Once again, learn more online @ www.NestFresh.com
The Colorado Egg Producers…committed to the BEST possible care of chickens laying eggs for consumers, learn more online @ www.coloradoeggproducers.com