New Commercial Application Pesticide Testing Center
Colorado State University Extension and the Colorado Department of Agriculture are announcing a new testing center for commercial pesticide applicator licensing. The new location will be the Kit Carson County Extension office located at 817 15th St., Burlington, CO 80807. This new center will join other Colorado testing sites that individuals can access to take Colorado’s commercial pesticide applicator tests.
Who needs a commercial pesticide applicator license? Commercial applicator means any person, other than a private applicator, who engages in the business of applying pesticides for hire or operating a device for hire. In other words, if you apply pesticides for a fee, you are a commercial applicator. If you apply pesticides on your own farm only, then a private applicators pesticide license is all that is required.
In order to take a commercial pesticide applicator exam, you must follow these steps:
- Sign up for your Pesticide Applicator exam through the Metro Institute Websiteat https://www.metrosignup.com/home.asp.
- You will receive an email verifying that you are using a valid email address. The email will also provide you with a link to continue your application process.
- The link takes you to a webpage which contains your username/password and a login address for that site. **Print your username/password and keep it somewhere handy!This same username/password will be used if you need to retest due to examination failure OR if you would like to add a category later on.
- Provide your employer address or firm name on this page. If self-employed, or not affiliated with a company, type N/A in the Employer field. Click continue.
- Select exam categories based on whether you want to test as Qualified Supervisor or Certified Operator. Click continue.
- The Colorado Department of Agriculture will review your application and then tell you that you can schedule your test by returning to Metro Institute’s Website. When you return to the Metro site, you will be required to provide your username and password. Select the test site and testing date.
Preparing for the exam is your responsibility. Reading the Pesticide Applicators’ Act (Colorado Revised Statutes, Title 35, Article 10) and its associated Rules and Regulations are helpful for exam preparation.
In addition to these laws, you can obtain both the General Pesticide Applicator Training Manual and guides for all categories from the National Pesticide Safety Education Center (NPSEC). For more information regarding exam preparation and study guides call the Colorado State University Extension Kit Carson County Extension office (7193465571) or visit the following websites:
Submitted to Barn Media by:
CSU Golden Plains Area Extension, Ron Meyer, Area Extension Agent (Agronomy),
(719) 346-5571 x 305, firstname.lastname@example.org
Colorado State University Extension programs are available to all without discrimination.
Colorado State University Extension is your local university community connection for research-based information about natural resource management; living well through raising kids, eating right and spending smart; gardening and commercial horticulture; the latest agricultural production technologies and community development. Extension 4-H and youth development programs reach more than 90,000 young people annually, over half in urban communities.