Inside the CDA’s Brand Division with Commissioner Chris Whitney…
The BARN – Briggsdale, CO – November 7, 2019 – The Colorado Department of Agriculture’s team of brand inspectors are extremely busy right now with the fall run and joining the Colorado Ag News Network & FarmCast Radio to discuss that and much more is Chris Whitney, Brand Commissioner at the CDA.
Topics within the interview include:
- CDA’s Brand Division History, Mission & Responsibilities
- Dealing with Cattle Rustling: 1860’s to Today – Is it still a Problem?
- What’s a ‘Day in the Life of a Colorado Brand Inspector’ Like?
- Colorado’s Brand Laws Today & Enforcement by CDA’s ‘Peace Officers’
- This years’ Fall Run vs in the past
- Learn more about Whitney’s involvement within the book ‘Spurred West’ by Author Ian Neligh
- Whitney’s Background & Career
- 1st Annual Ridgway Old West Fest in his hometown recently
- Challenges facing the Brand Industry & Animal Traceability going forward
- USDA RFID Rule Update & Whitney’s thoughts on mandatory RFID
- Whitney: CO’s Livestock Producers are Great
- CDA’s Brands Division Data & Information is Available 24/7365 OnLine
- Final thoughts & more
ABOUT THE CDA & THE BRANDS DIVISION
The mission of the Department of Agriculture is to strengthen and advance Colorado agriculture; promote a safe, high quality, and sustainable food supply; and protect consumers, the environment, and natural resources. The vision of the Department of Agriculture is that Colorado agriculture be strong and vibrant, a key driver of the state’s economy, and recognized worldwide for its safe, affordable, and abundant supply of high quality food and agricultural products. If you would like to learn more about the Colorado Department of Agriculture stop by their offices @ 305 Interlocken Parkway in Broomfield, CO, give them a call @ 303-869-9000 or visit the CDA online @ www.colorado.gov/ag and once again to learn more about the CDA’s Brand Division please visit https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/agbrands/missingstolen-livestock