Inside The BARN with CDA’s New Assistant State Veterinarian Dr. Maggie Baldwin, DVM…
The BARN – BRIGGSDALE, CO – October 3, 2019 – Joining the Colorado Ag News Network and FarmCast Radio is Dr Maggie Baldwin, DVM, the NEW Assistant State Veterinarian at the Colorado Department of Agriculture, discussing several topics pertinent to Colorado’s livestock producers including:
- Background & Duties as Assistant State Veterinarian
- Current Livestock Concerns within the Decker Wildfire areas
- Animal Disease Updates & Information on: African Swine Fever (ASF), Vesicular Stomatitis Virus (VSV) & West Nile Virus (WNV)
- Thoughts on recent NPPC, NMPF, NCGA & Iowa State UniversityFMD Vaccine Bank Conference Call on Oct 1st (LISTEN TO AUDIO)
- Thoughts on National Bio and Agro-Defense Facility (NBAF), currently in Plum Island, NY and its future home in Manhattan, KS
- Thoughts on the USDA’s mandatory elimination of Metal ID Tags to Mandatory RFID on Jan 1, 2020
- & more
The mission of the Department of Agriculture is to strengthen and advance Colorado agriculture; promote a safe, high quality, and sustainable food supply; and protect consumers, the environment, and natural resources.
The vision of the Department of Agriculture is that Colorado agriculture be strong and vibrant, a key driver of the state’s economy, and recognized worldwide for its safe, affordable, and abundant supply of high quality food and agricultural products.
If you would like to learn more about the Colorado Department of Agriculture stop by their offices @ 305 Interlocken Parkway in Broomfield, CO, give them a call @ 303-869-9000 or visit the CDA online @ www.colorado.gov/ag