The American Lamb Board (ALB) hosts seasonal contests to inspire consumers to use more lamb year-round and to expand their consumer audience. The contests are promoted through social media, blogger lambassadors, giveaways, and e-newsletters. Summer lambventures works to increase lamb sales during our slow time of the year by inspiring consumers to grill with lamb.
Now through August 15, ALB is hosting their fourth Summer Lambventures contest with a new spin. This year, nine consumers from all over the country were recruited to host summer parties for a grill-off competition where consumers vote for their favorite lamb bash. The party hosts each chose their summer lambventures personality: fit foodie, outdoor adventurer, or patio party planner. Each host received American Lamb party packs that included ground lamb and butterflied legs. Then they each hosted a group of friends and family during June, and submitted their party pics, menus, recipes and theme for the official voting page.
The party hosts did an amazing job creating fun gatherings featuring American Lamb as the centerpiece:
· “Patio Grill Party” hosted by Morgan in Washington, D.C.
· “Lamb BaaBaaQewe” hosted by Mike in Cape Cod, Massachusetts
· “A Lamb Good Time on Lookout Mountain” hosted by Rich and Lora in Lookout Mountain, Colorado
· “Baaad and Boujee” hosted by Angela in Haymarket, Virginia
· “Middle Eastern Patio Party” hosted by Sherri in Crestview, Florida
· “Mason’s Mediterranean Lambstravaganza” hosted by Adman in Des Moines, Iowa
· “Lamb and Libations” hosted by Suzanne in Napa Valley, California
· “Lamb-A-Pool-Ooza” hosted by Whitney in Dallas, Texas
· “BaaBQ with a V’ewe” hosted by Andrea in Seattle, Washington
The party with the most votes at the end of the contest will win a Traeger grill! Consumers who vote, select their summer lambventures personality and submit their e-mail address will receive a custom lamb party menu based on their personality and are entered for a chance to win prizes.
More than 7,000 consumers have already voted/entered the contest after only two weeks! Please help spread the word about the contest and how delicious and easy lamb is on the grill. The direct link to the contest is https://www.americanlamb.com/summer-lambventures/. Feel free to contact Rae Maestas at email@example.com for access to seasonal photos and graphics.