with Dave Cure, Randy Wenger, Becky Brooks & Kim Reddin
BRIGGSDALE, CO – April 29, 2019 – Joininig the Colorado Ag News Network and FarmCast Radio inside The BARN is Dave Cure and Randy Wenger, Co-Chairs on CCGA Public Policy Committee; Becky Brooks, CCGA lobbyist, owner of Stealey II, Inc. & CO Corn Communications Coordinator Kim Reddin, discussing numerous issues pertinent to the corn industry in the nation and more importantly to those here in Colorado, including:
Federal/National Priorities – Recap of progress made from Dave Cure
- T-yield disparity
- Adjusted Trend line
- RMA’s Limited Irrigation Program
- Remind everyone today is the last day to submit comments to EPA on allowing year-round sales of E15. Go to coloradocorn.com/publicpolicy and look for the Take Action button to submit your comments.
State Priorities – Recap of activity from Randy Wenger and Becky Brooks
- CO Corn support of HB19-1029 – Republican River Conservation District, signed April 16, 2019. Expand more areas included
- CO Corn support of SB19-186 – Expand Agricultural Chemical Management Program Protect Surface Water, refer unamended to Committee on Finance.
- CO Corn support of HB19-1271 – Augmention of Instream Flows, being postponed indefinitely.
- CO Corn support of HB19-1329 – Wholesale Agriculture Fertilizer Exemption, Sonnenberg & Arndt
- CO Corn opposition to HB19-1032 Comprehensive Human Sexuality Education, referred to aid over for second reading in House of Representatives
- CO Corn opposition to SB19-181 Protect Public Welfare Oil and Gas Operations, signed April 16, 2019 by the Governor.
Final thoughts and more…
COLORADO CORN, BASED IN GREELEY, IS MADE UP OF THE COLORADO CORN ADMINISTRATIVE COMMITTEE AND THE COLORADO CORN GROWERS ASSOCIATION. THE COLORADO CORN ADMINISTRATIVE COMMITTEE (CCAC) OVERSEES HOW COLORADO’S CORN CHECK-OFF DOLLARS (ONE PENNY PER BUSHEL OF GRAIN CORN PRODUCED IN COLORADO) ARE INVESTED IN RESEARCH, MARKET DEVELOPMENT, OUTREACH AND OTHER VARIOUS ENDEAVORS. THE COLORADO CORN GROWERS ASSOCIATION (CCGA) IS COMPRISED OF DUES-PAYING MEMBERS WHO ARE POLITICALLY ACTIVE, FOCUSING ON POLICY THAT IMPACTS CORN PRODUCERS AND AGRICULTURE IN GENERAL. LEARN MORE ABOUT THE WORK OF THE TWO ORGANIZATIONS AT WWW.COLORADOCORN.COM.